Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I've really struggled...

....with blank page terror these last two weeks and my solution was to draw "out of the page".
The letterbox idea gave some justification for this and once the page is stuck in the moly as the sign in page it will hopefully break the spell and I shall be able to face my fears!!! I just couldn't bring myself to draw straight into the moly. Something to do with it being a shared book I suppose ...which is a lot of responsibility.


The theme I have plumped for is "all around the world and back" which is of course what my book will be doing, and I have an idea for the first drawing......so I'm off to do it before my courage runs out!

3 comments:

Jan Allsopp said...

Kerry this looks great! I know what you mean about having trouble starting in the book - and then I did it on the wrong page! Actually I think that was a good thing in the end because I had already stuffed it up, so I just gave up the angst and did it anyway. I can't imagine how crippling it must be to start a page in someone else's book! But I think I'm about to find out...

Clare said...

Beautiful Kerry. I think we all need to loosen up a little and just go with the flow. There is no right or wrong with this project. Perhaps if we call it an 'Experiment' it will become easier to "Play" in each other's books.

melissa said...

Loving the flaps!