Saturday, August 30, 2008

Melissa's Moly, Alison's section

Here we are - using new scanning software. The pelican was inspired by some lines Jan carried over the fold - exactly fitting the wing of a pelican I drew from life during my Five K Radius jaunts last year. I have been attending a workshop on journalling and one of the artists we looked at was John Woseley who does work on many sheets of paper put together such as this one. On the paper, he draws map type markings, botanical specimen style drawings, many sorts of expressive messy marks. Sometimes he begins by burying the paper for some months. watercolour, gouache, pen and ink

3 comments:

melissa said...

Oh, thank you thank you! What a wonderful contribution. I can't belief the life this little book has taken on. It's amazing how larger the book seems online with those different overlapped pages. I also like the way you brought color back, but in a more subtle way.

Clare said...

I love the background of little maps and sketches it brings out the pelican in the foreground. Want to see it in person now. ;0)

Jan Allsopp said...

Gorgeous. John Wolesly (I don't know how to spell it sorry) is an influence I see. Very nice!