Friday, July 18, 2008

Melissa's Moly - Jan's page

My addition to Melissa's Moly was chosen because of those watery little dots Clare left me. I began the pattern and wanted to keep the local flavour Clare had started so I chose to go beach.
In the original woodblock print by Hokusai. He included Mt Fuji in the background. In mine I've put South Solitary Island and it's lighthouse. The beautiful coast at Coffs Harbour is protected by the Solitary Islands Marine Park. From Coffs we look out over these islands. It is truly beautiful.
I'm not sure how long this limited colour phase I'm going through will last. But I'm really enjoying it and I pushed myself to add just a touch of colour to the island itself. The rest is silver, white and black. Oh, and a touch of blue pencil. I will post it off on Monday to Alison.

3 comments:

melissa said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
It is so amazing to see the limited palette next to Clare's explosion of color. It's beautiful and I appreciate your time and most brilliant effort!

Clare said...

Hi Jan, I Love what you have done here. Lots of movement and an exciting contrast to my sleepy old turtle.

Alison said...

I have received this Moly and it does indeed look wonderful - once you get this many pages done, it's long enough to get a real sense of adventure and narrative happening through the pages. Lots of fun.