Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tracy's Moly and My Matisse

It took me a very long time to work out what to do to follow on from Clare's Shabby Chic in Arles. But then it came to me!
Unfortunately my art has always suffered from an over exposure to Mr Happy's decor in the Mr Men books. I just never got over it. And Matisse of course. I never got over Matisse, particularly his cut outs. I did this the same way he did with gouache on paper I'm still affected by my monotone phase and so I added just a little more white than he would have.

4 comments:

Alison said...

This looks terrific, Jan - I'm looking forward to receiving it to work on.

Clare said...

Beautiful, beautiful and oh I Love the colours!

KT Mo Design Studio said...

Woweee - I adore Matisse and love this piece....this book is taking a very interesting turn!!!

melissa said...

I love how we have all imposed this theme on Tracy's book, which originally didn't have a theme. Funny how things work out this way. Lovely addition. Side note: I loved the Mr & Little Miss books and have now purchased a set of 10 for my Mallory.